D12156: implement reading of rating tag

Alexander Stippich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 19 16:19:22 UTC 2018

astippich added a comment.

  In D12156#249223 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12156#249223>, @mgallien wrote:

  > Thanks.
  >  Fix one issue and we should be good to go.
  >  Another nice thing is that we should have a portable way to have ratings in Elisa that could be read or write somewhere else.

  Writing the tags must be implemented first for that :)

INLINE COMMENTS

> mgallien wrote in taglibextractor.cpp:222-234
> You can and should be using all intermediate values. If I remember correctly, in dolphin, you can set all values between 0 and 10. This is done by half blue stars.
> Can you use modulo instead of embedded if ?

The thing here is that the most common implementation don't allow half star ratings. Only Mediamonkey does it and that diverges from the rest. Also, the values are not distributed equidistantly, but I'll look into a more flexible solution.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData