D12320: add ability to read embedded cover files

Matthieu Gallien noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 19 06:29:53 UTC 2018

mgallien added a comment.

  Thanks a lot to continue to push this work.

  In D12320#249433 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12320#249433>, @bruns wrote:

  > Baloos DBs should only contain searchable data. So until someone teaches baloo how to compare images, it should be kept separate.

  I am also not convinced that Baloo should index the cover images. They are quite a lot of data. At the same time, I am really happy to have support for it in KFileMetaData.

  It should then be easy to add support in a file preview or in applications.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData