D11882: autotests: Use built executable instead of installed

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 15 13:51:43 UTC 2018

michaelh added a comment.

  In D11882#245719 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11882#245719>, @bruns wrote:

  > Maybe we can add a trivial dummy extractor which is used in unittests, but not anywhere else. It could e.g. return the current date, compilation timestamp (i.e. __DATE__), and the KF version.

  I'm not sure if this wouldn't be too error prone. Every change in `baloo_filemetadata_temp_extractor` has to be accompanied by a respective change in the dummy.
  Someone new to the code and not as skilled as you are might overlook that.
  Also that wouldn't help much as in `src/indexeddataretriever.cpp`:

    IndexedDataRetriever::start()
    const QString exe = QStandardPaths::findExecutable(QLatin1String("baloo_filemetadata_temp_extractor"));

REPOSITORY
  R824 Baloo Widgets