D12206: Don't show "Open With" for folders, as was apparently originally intended

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Apr 14 20:37:47 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D12206#246301 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12206#246301>, @Zren wrote:

  > > So you're proposing that folders show the Open With... entry, but omit the recently added additional entry that shows the first app?
  >
  > Hmmm? Ah I missed D11569 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11569>. So the proposal is we don't show the inline "Open with Gwenview" and only show the "Open With > Gwenview"? Like we did before D11569 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11569>?

  Right, it would be like this:

  F5807966: Like this.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5807966>

  ...Which is what we had for directories before D11569 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11569>.

  So I guess the question is, do we go back to what we had before for directories, or remove the Open With feature from their context menu?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: ngraham, #frameworks, rkflx
Cc: Zren, michaelh, ngraham, bruns