D12130: Use the more user-friendly string "File type" in the save dialogs

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Apr 14 04:41:10 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D12130#245826 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12130#245826>, @rkflx wrote:

  > > If necessary I can make the string return to "Filter" for these save-with-filter dialogs, but I'm still left wondering what the feature is actually for or if Kate is affected by a bug that should be fixed...
  >
  > You absolutely should return to "Filter" for this case (even though I agree that for most dialogs it does not make sense), because this is application-defined behaviour which you don't know a thing about.

  I might need some help with this. It seems that the apps whose save dialogs show a combobox in place of a filter list are creating a `QDialog` and setting the Mime types list with `QDialog::setMimeTypeFilter()`. I haven't yet managed to figure out how this call is intercepted and replaced with a KFileDialog, or how KFileDialog can detect that there's a combobox of MIME types instead of a filter widget.

  In D12130#245826 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12130#245826>, @rkflx wrote:

  > > in a new user account
  >
  > That's a bit pointless in this case, why would you let your reviewers jump through such hoops…

  Not sure what you mean?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO