D12077: Show view mode buttons in the open/save dialog's toolbar

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 13 17:18:53 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  I know I already accepted this, but:

  > moves the preview button over to the right so it doesn't compete with the new view mode and sorting buttons.

  While you now could remove "sorting" from the summary, I wonder whether it would make sense to revisit moving Preview. How about this:

  F5806931: kio-preview.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5806931>

  After looking at your screenshot again, I'm not too fond of how Preview and Zoom Out relate to each other…

  One more thing which came to mind after revisiting the dialog: Why not use Detailed Tree View instead? This way the buttons would act as a kind of simple/advanced switcher. Also, this is what Dolphin does, too!

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  show-view-mode-toggles-on-open-save-dialog-toolbar (branched from master)