D12130: Use the more user-friendly string "File format" in the open/save dialogs

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 12 21:40:59 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  It's not too hard to make the label and the "What's this?" text differ for open vs save mode, which I've done here.

  There's still the issue that the text doesn't quite fit in save mode, where there's a filter but it's somewhat useless. I wonder: what good is the filter UI for saving? Does anybody use it? What for? For opening, I think it makes sense, since you might want to limit the view so you can more easily find something that you want to open. But for saving... what value does it actually bring to the table? In what circumstance might a user want to filter the view when saving?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO