D12077: Show view mode buttons in the open/save dialog's toolbar

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 11 14:05:00 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  Hm, seems like the width of the places panel is set in `kdeglobals` (and too small, BTW). After resetting this, without Sorting it's a +1 from my side (did not look at the code, though).

  ---

  As for Sorting: If a user does not click on the Configure button which then has "Sorting" in plain sight, why would he click on a Sorting icon? The problem is not that sorting is too hidden, but that users don't get the idea to actually click on any button in the toolbar. Moving sorting does not help at all with that.

  For the view modes it's different, because users recognize the icon from Dolphin. I'd just add the view modes, and IMO sorting in the Detailed View is a good enough compromise. We could think about making this mode the default, because the horizontal scrolling of Short View is kinda difficult to use anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO