D12077: Show toggle buttons in the toolbar for the two most commonly-used view modes in the file open/save dialogs

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 10 13:25:07 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D12077#243556 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12077#243556>, @broulik wrote:

  > Can we arrange them so that they're more consistent with Dolphin? i.e. put the Preview button at right-most

  Sure!
  F5802899: Like this.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5802899>

  In D12077#243562 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12077#243562>, @mmustac wrote:

  > Great, I even didn't know that this was possible *lol*
  >  But wouldn't it be more consistent with dolphin to add the list view also ?

  Yes, I suspect a lot of people didn't know this. :) I'm hesitant to add a third mode for a couple of reasons:

  1. The open/save dialog doesn't really support the same modes in the same way that Dolphin does. It toggles between having the icons on top or on the left side by making them discinct modes; the open/save dialog does it by having the icons mode be a single mode, and toggling only the position of the icons
  2. Three modes is honestly overkill; icons and list mode are sufficient for 95% of use cases. The other modes are still available via the Configure icon in the top-right corner. "Simple By default, powerful when needed"

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO