D12044: baloodb: Improve interface

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 8 12:36:10 UTC 2018

michaelh added a comment.

  This is the last patch, before I let baloodb rest for some time.

  This is the first time I've created a cli-tool + class completely from scratch. So there a tendency to become routine-blinded ("betriebsblind"). Therefore  I'd like to ask you to check for

  - overall consistency
  - proper wording
  - expressiveness of names: commands, command options, functions, variables.
  - usefulness of coloring

  command options:

  - `-D` is fixed
  - `-d` is forbidden to avoid confusion
  - `-o` is reserved for maybe `--output`

  Everything else is completely changeable.
  I'm looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

  To see this at work you can ruin your database as described in T7860 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T7860> or do

    $ md /tmp/otto

  Copy some files into `/tmp/otto`

    $ balooctl index /tmp/otto/*
    $ balooctl stop
    $ rm /tmp/otto/*

  `baloodb` works without the indexer running.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo