D11998: Ensure that the model is set when resetResizing is called

Fabian Kosmale noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 6 21:05:27 UTC 2018

fabiank created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Frameworks.
fabiank requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Previously, KDirOperatorDetailView::setModel called resetResizing before
  QTreeView::setModel was called. Thus, when resetResizing called model()
  to obtain the model, it was still nullptr, leading to the following
  warning: "QObject::connect: invalid null parameter"

  As nothing we do in KDirOperatorDetailView::setModel depends on the
  model not being set yet, we simply move the call to
  KDirOperatorDetailView::setModel to the beginning of the method, to
  ensure that model() returns the new model

TEST PLAN
  Run any application which uses the KDE file dialog. Start opening a file, then
  switch the file dialog to the detailed or detailed tree mode. Without the patch,
  the warning should appear. Applying the patch removes the warning.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  fixConnectWarning

AFFECTED FILES
  src/filewidgets/kdiroperatordetailview.cpp