D11452: sanitizer: Improve device listing

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 5 23:14:05 UTC 2018

michaelh added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> bruns wrote in databasesanitizer.cpp:251
> You can check if your output goes to a tty or is redirected:
> https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/corelib/global/qlogging.cpp#n263

That's great, thank you. I'll add some color to stdout in another patch.

> bruns wrote in databasesanitizer.cpp:253
> print as hex(major):hex(minor) ?

Good idea was my first thought, but after trying, I must say it does not add really much info and makes the output harder to read.
The decimal is needed, because this function is mainly for selecting a `deviceId` to be used with 'clean', 'list' and upcoming 'repair' commands. I'd prefer to just print the decimal.

> bruns wrote in fsutils.cpp:111
> Use of Solid would be preferred.

Sure? We would have to add Solid as a dependency for `libKF5BalooEngine.so`.
`databasesanitizer` currently is experimental not exported by default (You cannot see this because I haven't rebase yet.).
I did not use Solid, because I don't know it well and it seemed easier to copy and adapt `FSUtils::getDirectoryFileSystem`. I'm not objecting to use Solid though.

The true reason for 'fsutils`'s existence is to disable CoW on btrfs. Can Solid do that? If so we can drop `fsutils`.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo