D11888: Handle adjacent special characters correctly

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 3 18:16:34 UTC 2018

michaelh added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> bruns wrote in advancedqueryparser.cpp:55
> Why choose a different wording here? Also, the important aspect here is the "end", which commits the current token to the list.

Because of opening and closing parentheses, but you're right 'end' is the important aspect here.

> bruns wrote in advancedqueryparser.cpp:69
> ":=" and "==" are added as is, and the parser interprets both dependent on the first character only, i.e. ":" and "=".
> The behaviour for these two combinations is unchanged with this patch.
>
> The lexer should not handle ">" and ">=" differently, both are (valid) tokens, and should be returned as such.
>
> Adding e.g. ">=" to the switch statement is not possible, as it works on QChar's.

1. I misunderstood your description as ':=' should become '='.

> The lexer should not handle ">" and ">=" differently, both are (valid) tokens, and should be returned as such.

That is what I meant. I was confused by `parse()` lexing again when encountering a '>'.

> Adding e.g. ">=" to the switch statement is not possible, as it works on QChar's.

I don't understand. token is QString. Why not instead of `switch (token.at(0).toLatin1())`

  switch (token) {
  case '>'`: comparator = Term::Greater; break;
  case '>='`: comparator = Term::GreaterEqual; break;

What am I missing?

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo