D11487: optimization of TextLineData::attribute

Jaime Torres Amate noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 3 14:47:26 UTC 2018

jtamate added a comment.

  In D11487#232555 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11487#232555>, @mwolff wrote:

  > WTF :D Your desktop CPU has clearly a better performance than my mobile CPU, no? Is AMD really so much worse here? How can that be - I don't get it :D
  >
  > Anyhow, I give up trying to understand this now - thanks a lot for your repeated input Jaime!

  I've found the problem for the poor performance. In .kdesrc-buildrc, I have also a like cxxflags # -fsanitize=address -fsanitize=signed-integer-overflow  -fsanitize=bounds-strict -fsanitize=undefined -fsanitize-recover=address
  That line removes the -O2 from the compiler options. Added manually in the way of cxxflags -O2 -mtune=native # -fsanitize=address .....
  I "only" get 10 seconds less, 22 seconds with the patch applied.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor