D11753: baloodb: Add clean command

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 3 10:13:59 UTC 2018

michaelh planned changes to this revision.
michaelh added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> bruns wrote in databasesanitizer.cpp:316
> What do you consider a "truly dead" symlink?
>
> If you really want to do it correctly, you have to walk the file system yourself, one symlink target path component at a time - each path component can be a symlink itself, or a mount point. You should check the device id for *every* path component.

Damn, you're right! I was fooled by this:

  $ balooctl index /mnt/otto/test.mp4
  $ ln -s /mnt/otto/test.mp4 ~/Videos/

baloo now also indexes `~/Videos/test.mp4`
Only in this case `m_pimpl->m_transaction->documentId(info.symlink.toLocal8Bit());` will return an `id != 0`

I did not notice because every indexed symbolic link on my system also has its target indexed. I never saw `id == 0`

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo