D11838: Turn on line numbers by default

Michel Ludwig noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 2 12:32:24 UTC 2018

mludwig added a comment.

  In D11838#238269 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11838#238269>, @ngraham wrote:

  > So what's our path forward here? Is there a way to only turn on line numbers for Kate itself, and not for the katepart?

  One suggestion would be to extend the method for creating new views in KTextEditor::Document <https://api.kde.org/frameworks/ktexteditor/html/classKTextEditor_1_1Document.html#acf06fb0143bcebfd0bed953dfee38184> by adding a parameter for specifying default config values.

  For instance, you could create a new interface for KTextEditor::Document that contains the method

    virtual View* createView(QWidget *parent, const QLinkedList<QPair<QString, QVariant>>& defaultConfigList, KTextEditor::MainWindow *mainWindow = nullptr) = 0

  The method would set the values given in 'defaultConfigList' as default config values when creating a view.

  Kile could then create its views as follows:

    QLinkedList defaultConfigList;
    defaultConfigList << qMakePair("ShowLineNumbers", false);
    KTextEditor::View *view = document->createView(parent, defaultConfigList);

  (also see KTextEditor::ConfigInterface <https://api.kde.org/frameworks/ktexteditor/html/classKTextEditor_1_1ConfigInterface.html> for an example of how to create interfaces)

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor