D11838: Turn on line numbers by default

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 1 18:40:19 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  So what's our path forward here? Is there a way to only turn on line numbers for Kate itself, and not for the katepart?

  That said, I'm still struggling to understand what the problems is with line numbers in Kile. Most of the editors listed at https://beebom.com/best-latex-editors/ have line numbers on by default, including TeXmaker, which is what all of my scientist friends use. Screens are wider than ever before, and average users are going to just maximize the window anyway, making the small amount of horizontal space taken up by the line numbers a non-issue.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor