D8064: Correct installation of start_kdeinit when DESTDIR and libcap are used together

A. Wilcox noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 30 03:49:03 UTC 2017

awilcox created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  While packaging kinit 5.38.0 for Adélie, I ran in to the following error:

    -- Installing: /usr/src/packages/user/kinit/pkg/kinit/usr/lib/libexec/kf5/start_kdeinit
    Failed to set capabilities on file `/usr/lib/libexec/kf5/start_kdeinit' (No such file or directory)
    usage: setcap [-q] [-v] (-r|-|<caps>) <filename> [ ... (-r|-|<capsN>) <filenameN> ]

     Note <filename> must be a regular (non-symlink) file.

  This was caused by a missing escape in the CMake instruction to run setcap.  I have verified that this patch also applies cleanly to master.

TEST PLAN
  - Build with and without libcap, with and without `DESTDIR` set.

REPOSITORY
  R303 KInit

AFFECTED FILES
  kinit-5.38.0/src/start_kdeinit/CMakeLists.txt