D8050: Expose wl_display_set_global_filter as a virtual method

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 29 00:43:21 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
Restricted Application added projects: Plasma on Wayland, Frameworks.
Restricted Application added subscribers: Frameworks, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This allows a server to filter which globals are visible and bindable by
  clients.

  Design rationale:
  Could be it's own class with Display as an arg, but we need the lifespan
  to exactly match Display, and the cardinality to match Display and it
  needs to be set after we're started but before clients connect.

  Better to enfore rules with code than with documentation.

  I'm filtering by interface name as there isn't any other good
  identifier of what a wl_global refers to, even if you could assume
  you can cast the userdata to a Server::Global.

  ---

  Note also that I posted my proposal on https://phabricator.kde.org/T4437 of how the kwin side should
  behave.
  We probably need to restart a discussion / fight to the death on plasma-
  devel about that before proceeding.

TEST PLAN
  Attached unit test

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland

BRANCH
  filter2

AFFECTED FILES
  autotests/client/CMakeLists.txt
  autotests/client/test_wayland_filter.cpp
  src/server/CMakeLists.txt
  src/server/filtered_display.cpp
  src/server/filtered_display.h