D7977: KSqueezedTextLabel: Squeeze text when changing indent or margin

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 25 16:11:30 UTC 2017

rkflx added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7977#148689, @cfeck wrote:

  > > Qt does not send a resize event
  >
  > But does it send QEvent::ContentsRectChange?

  No, because this one is only emitted by `setContentsMargin`, but not by `setMargin` (read https://phabricator.kde.org/D7164#143540 (ยน) again for what's the difference) or `setIndent`.

  Even if there were resize related events (in some situations we even get some), we are not interested in them. The label should react by squeezing, not by adjusting size, as the detailed investigations in https://phabricator.kde.org/T6982#111367 conclude.

  `testChrome` suggests to unify the behaviour of all its three chrome related calls. My patch is the most straightforward way to get there and I don't see how we could bolt on something convoluted through the event system without even reimplementing the setters to emit an otherwise missing event.

  Let me know if you have any concerns against my approach, I'll gladly respond to them.

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons

To: rkflx, #frameworks, dhaumann, cfeck