Buddies/Tabstops in designer for aggregated KDE widgets?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Sep 24 21:15:56 UTC 2017

El diumenge, 24 de setembre de 2017, a les 14:55:37 CEST, Milian Wolff va
escriure:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying to get set a sane tabstop order for the record page of hotspot.
> To reproduce:
>
> designer hotspot/src/recordpage.ui
> Ctrl + R to preview
> -> tab through the form
>
> It's horrible... For me, the first to have focus is the output file's file
> dialog button. I also notice that I can't seem to set the tab order (or
> buddy!) for neither KFilterProxySearchLine nor KMessageWidget.
>
> How do I deal with this?

You investigate and fix the bug?

I'm sorry if i'm a bit harsh, but it seems to me you basically sent a ranting
email.

> Why can one set the buddy + tab order on a
> KUrlRequester, but not on a KFilterProxySearchLine or KMessageWidget?

I'm going to say that my 2 minutes investigation shows that we have some
widgets that show the number when you go to the edit tab order mode (e.g.
KLineEdit, KUrlRequester), so the solution would be trying to figure out
what's the different between the widgets that work and the ones that do not.

Maybe it's even easier going to the designer sourcecode and checking there
what is needed.

Cheers,
  Albert