D7884: - Increase size of trailing mark

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 22 19:33:44 UTC 2017

dhaumann added a comment.

  Kate already has many options, so we try to be careful with adding even more options.

  What I would like to clarify first is the use case: If I understand correctly, the trailing space visualization is too decent for you. The decency is indeed intended, since the trailing spaces should not stand out more than the actual code itself.

  You are trying to fix this by increasing the visual appearance of the trailing spaces.

  Instead, would it also be an option for you to simply change the color of the trailing spaces? This can be configured in the Fonts & Colors config page.

  Would another solution be to add a high contrast color scheme?

  The point is: the colors are configurable because we can never fulfill everyone's needs. So simply charging the color to your own liking would be the preferred solution.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor