D7461: Add syntax highlighting for AppArmor Profiles.

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 15 16:04:21 UTC 2017

dhaumann added a comment.

  From what I can tell, the xml file looks quite good, although it contains many rules so it is hard to completely review this.

  With respect to MIT: We were discussing licensing last Akademy conference (this year), and the issue with LGPL is that we are not even sure whether many the syntax definitions can be licensed LGPL at all. Think of some vendor specific highlighting files (like ASP) or similar. So our goal is to make the xml files are free as possible, without claiming too much copyright here (since we most likely don't have it). MIT is the simplest and most liberal one that is compatible with LGPL.
  And more on that, LGPL is not even unique, do you mean LGPLv2 only? or v2+v3? or v2 and any later version?

  This currently is a mess, and we would like to avoid this as much as possible, therefore we kindly ask to agree with MIT license.

REPOSITORY
  R216 Syntax Highlighting