D7164: KSqueezedTextLabel: Respect indent, margin and frame width

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 9 12:19:39 UTC 2017

dhaumann added a comment.

  Looks good to me, except for the licensing issue. I am not really an expert here, but LGPLv3 to LGPLv2 only is problematic, as far as I know. Do you see a good solution?

INLINE COMMENTS

> ksqueezedtextlabel.cpp:128
> +{
> +    // copied and adapted from QLabelPrivate::documentRect()
> +

Hm, this possibly is a problem: This file is licensed LGPLv2 only.
Qt is licensed under LGPLv3, as far as I know, so you cannot copy the code.

In an ideal world, you now would forget everything you have seen and write this code again :-)
In practice, the result often looks more or less the same.

So if you can claim the following code comes from you, then I think we are on the safe side...

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons