D7732: Force KAuth helpers to have UTF-8 support

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 8 12:09:37 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Our helper runs as root and doesn't have the user's environment
  (including $LANG). This defaults to one without UTF-8.

  Without a locale with UTF-8
  QFileInfo::exists("/backgrounds/crepé.png") returns false.

  This causes problems in the SDDM KCM's code to set a wallpaper. (and
  probably elsewhere)

  By forcing the locale we fix that. It doesn't matter that we're using C,
  as we don't have any UI related code in the helpers.

  BUG: 384294

TEST PLAN
  Tested case in bug report setting a wallpaper from the SDDM KCM

REPOSITORY
  R283 KAuth

BRANCH
  master