D8367: Hidding place groups implementation in KFilePlacesModel

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 31 16:01:15 UTC 2017

ngraham added a comment.

  Nice! If possible, I'd like a more user-friendly way of hiding and showing categories, though. The context menu is not very discoverable, and if a category is hidden, there's no indication that there's even anything to show. Here's how macOS finder handles this, for comparison:

  F5460310: Finder category hiding behavior.gif <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5460310>

  I Think we should keep the headers visible so users know that there are hidden sections.

  For a show/hide UI, here are some ideas:

  1. Add disclosure triangles to the right of the headers that, when clicked, hide the contents
  2. On hover, the headers could gain an outline like a button and the text would change to "Show/hide [category]"; when clicked, it would hide the contents