D8528: Consider DjVu files to be documents

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 27 23:19:30 UTC 2017

rkflx added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> rkflx wrote in basicindexingjob.cpp:219
> Looking at `/usr/share/mime/image`, I see:
>
> - `vnd.djvu.xml`: "DjVu image"
> - `vnd.djvu+multipage.xml`: "DjVu document"
>
> …and that's also what Dolphin shows. Probably best to add `+multipage` here?

Sorry, with "add `+multipage`" I meant to add exactly this to the existing line, not to add an additional line. This way, "image" DjVu files are still classified as images by baloo, just as in Dolphin.

This might be inconvenient in some cases, but that's how the mimetype standard defines it.

> ngraham wrote in basicindexingjob.cpp:220
> https://www.cuminas.jp/docs/djvuplugin/en_us/Content/MIME%20Types.htm said that it was an older one, so I figured I'd add that one for maximum compatibility. I can remove it if you want.

Latest news from djvu.org is from 2013, "older versions //of the DjVu Browser Plug-in//" are probably even more prehistoric and won't run in upcoming browsers anyway. I don't have this on Tumbleweed, if your Kubuntu does not have it I would tend to removal. Also I believe this is just for opening files in the browser and not relevant to indexing at all.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo