D8528: Consider DjVu files to be documents

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 27 22:22:26 UTC 2017

rkflx added a comment.

  General sentiment makes sense, most DjVu documents I've seen were more like books. However, see inline comment. (Someone with  actual mimetype or baloo knowledge should approve, though.)

  > didn't crash baloo with basic usage

  If you don't have a DjVu file, that's not "basic usage", but "no usage", making it quite pointless to mention the absence of crashes :)

  Anyway, see last section here for some example files: http://www.djvu.org/resources
  I guess you need to edit your test plan again…

INLINE COMMENTS

> basicindexingjob.cpp:219
>          {"text/markdown", Type::Document},
> +        {"image/vnd.djvu", Type::Document},
> +        {"image/x-djvu", Type::Document},

Looking at `/usr/share/mime/image`, I see:

- `vnd.djvu.xml`: "DjVu image"
- `vnd.djvu+multipage.xml`: "DjVu document"

…and that's also what Dolphin shows. Probably best to add `+multipage` here?

> basicindexingjob.cpp:220
> +        {"image/vnd.djvu", Type::Document},
> +        {"image/x-djvu", Type::Document},
>          {"application/x-lyx", Type::Document}

Is `x-djvu` a thing? Not sure, that's why I'm asking.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo