D8495: Faster UDevManager::devicesFromQuery

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 26 11:54:53 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The current code fetches all devices, filters isOfInterest (which is at
  least one device property lookup) then filters by type.

  If we're searching for a specific type, we can do it much faster if we
  fetch devices by type from udev directly, and then filter the irrelevant
  ones.

  KIO likes to search for media players. According to hotspot this is a
  really sore point in applications.

  The filter logic is copied from UdevDevice, but applied in the initial
  fetch. ParentUDI was hardcoded in UdevDevice so is here too.

REPOSITORY
  R245 Solid

AFFECTED FILES
  src/solid/devices/backends/udev/udevmanager.cpp