D7828: createKMessageBox tries to focus a default button when available

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 25 22:30:55 UTC 2017

rkflx added a comment.

  In general, having a default button while setting the initial focus elsewhere is mainly useful for larger dialogs like our various standard configuration dialogs, where this provides a way to accept without tabbing forever. For smaller dialogs like a messagebox this is not that important, but at least consistent. For messageboxes my general expectation is that the default button should also have focus to more clearly guide the user in the best decision regarding what button choose.

  That said, I agree with @subdiff to at least allow deviations from this, while at the same time fixing Dolphin. BTW, Dolphin's inconsistency is the reason why I mentioned this Differential in https://phabricator.kde.org/T7022.

  > a fix for this change in behaviour when a parent widget is present or not

  This sounds reasonable and would be great if this fixed Dolphin. There is another odd behaviour in Dolphin's tab close confirmation dialog compared to e.g. Konsole's: First the default button is Quit, after switching focus around with [⇥] in every possible direction suddenly Close is default. Maybe this is related to not specifying a parent window and could help solving this?