D8416: really raising window when shown from systray

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 23 18:41:42 UTC 2017

graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mkoller wrote in kstatusnotifieritem.cpp:653
> "without checking who sends it"
>
> Who shall be allowed to do so ?
>
> As said, the original problem is that a click in SysTray does not raise it,
> but as I understand it, the KStatusNotifierItem is owned by the application which receives the "Activate" trigger sent via DBus, so it would be the application which would raise itself. Am I right ?

Yes you got that right. And yes: if the systray would use the force active window request it would've fine and correct. From X11 perspective it is a tool which activated windows of other applications. Just like e.g. the Taskmanager. And it is the window which was interacted with. So from focus stealing prevention everything is fine.

If that StatusNotifier on the other hand activated itself it looks like focus stealing to the window manager.

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications