D8056: Improve usability of "Open With" dialog by adding option to filter the application tree

Simone Gaiarin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 23 15:49:07 UTC 2017

simgunz added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8056#158939, @ngraham wrote:

  > @simgunz, have you had a chance to try implementing David's suggestion?

  Yes. Everything seems to work but I haven't pushed yesterday because I wanted to do an extra test.

  The current behavior is the following:

  - Down arrow pass the focus to the QTreeView and moves the selection down by one. (alternatively we can just pass the focus without changing the selection).
  - Up arrow is used to go back in the history of the combobox (as the current behavior)
  - Making down arrow change the focus, partially breaks it functionality of navigating the history of the combo box.
  - If the filter doesn't match anything, down arrow doesn't change the focus and works for navigating the history

  - The feature is not enabled if PopupAutocomplete is enabled. Theoretically it should only be disabled while the popup is shown, but I couldn't find a way to detect this state.

  Moreover the first match is selected by default and hitting enter calls it. To enable this feature I had to change the behaviour so that the text box is not filled anymore with the command corresponding to the selected desktop entry. For me this is even cleaner from the UI point of view.

  I'll push tomorrow evening.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO