D8243: Implement support for categories on KfilesPlacesView

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 20 12:51:55 UTC 2017

ngraham added a comment.

  @markg

  Ultimately I think everyone is in agreement in wanting the "single scrollbar" approach for items in whatever you call the default list on Dolphin's left side. Splitting everything into distinct panels and embedding all the panels in a single scrollview is one way to get there. Putting all the features people want in the Places panel is another way. I don't have super strong feelings on the approach taken, because I think either one will get where we want to go, but I do see a lot more activity and excitement in the "add things to the Places panel" approach. Since you prefer the "make everything its own panel" approach, maybe you can submit a patch so we can judge the different approaches somewhere separate and we don't have to have the same discussion every time someone proposes adding something to the places panel. :)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO