D8296: Use Ctrl+Alt+, as the standard shortcut for "Configure <Program>"

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 15 22:14:29 UTC 2017

ngraham added a comment.

  I do find myself doing this a lot, yes. I know a lot of people who, upon downloading a new piece of software, the first thing they do is check out the preferences window to see what's available. It's a subtle thing, but throughout the macOS world where the shortcut is consistent across all apps, people do in fact open the Preferences windows a lot. With a consistent shortcut, it's practically a zero-effort operation. In platforms without that, the mental and physical effort is greater, so they don't open the Preferences window as much.

REPOSITORY
  R237 KConfig