D8056: Improve usability of "Open With" dialog by adding option to filter the application tree

Simone Gaiarin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 15 18:17:55 UTC 2017

simgunz added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8056#155537, @ngraham wrote:

  > Any progress? This is too good a change to not merge. :)

  Today I finally had the time to work on this and I've implemented the "select first result by default" and it seems to work nicely.

  I started working on how to  make up/down arrows move in the treeview while maintaining the focus on the text field. I thought of using an eventFilter to intercept those two keys and pass them to the QTreeView using the keyPressEvent() method. The problem is that I get an error on the fact that the method is protected. For now I've put the eventFilter method in the class KOpenWithDialog since it is the only one deriving QObject, but I'm not sure it is the right place.

  So I need to work on this a little bit more, and I'm afraid I won't have time next week because I am on a trip. So it needs to wait a bit more.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO