D8296: Use Ctrl+, as the standard shortcut for "Configure <Program>"

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 14 14:46:08 UTC 2017

ngraham created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Use Ctrl+, as the standard keyboard shortcut to invoke KDE programs' "Configure <Program>" menu items. Right now there is no shortcut defined for this, which is a shame because having a standardized shortcut for it is really useful, and we actually have the opportunity to do so because our software uses KStandardActions for these kinds of things.

  I chose Ctrl+, because that's the standard shortcut for all (and I do mean all) programs in the macOS world--a standard that has started to trickle into the Windows world as well, because there was previously no standard there. Might as well standardize on what's already a de facto standard elsewhere, to avoid throwing away people's muscle memory.

TEST PLAN
  Tested in KDE Neon. All KDE applications I tried now have a consistent keyboard shortcut for their "Configure <Program>" menu items.

REPOSITORY
  R237 KConfig

BRANCH
  master