D9018: Don't cause circular linking on Windows

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 28 09:19:47 UTC 2017

leinir added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9018#172789, @alexeymin wrote:

  > So it resulted in something like aspell.dll requiring aspell.dll?

    Exactly that, yes... took me running it through Dependency Walker to work out what was going on :P

  > What is the simplest/fastest way to test this?

  For building a unit test, i'm not really sure (though, i think, running a unit test on windows which loads the plugins and check that they load would likely do the trick, not sure there is one).

  For testing the patch before accepting it, simply attempting to run anything on Windows which uses Sonnet should cause the failure. i found out because of Calligra Gemini, but anything which does spell checking should cause the issue to happen - for example the spell checker in ktexteditor. The symptom is having no functioning spell check at all (and debug output will complain that Sonnet could not load the plugin because it "could not find the specified procedure").

REPOSITORY
  R246 Sonnet