D8982: Qml controls for kcm creation

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 27 11:11:53 UTC 2017

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in SimpleKCM.qml:23
> > but i think the scrolling should be handed by the qml part.
>
> Why?

3 reasons:

1. because the long term goal is to get rid of the qwidget version, so even if it's long down the road things should be designed according to that from now.

the design for a pure qml version would be kcms to be kirigami Pages, which get directly inserted in a kirigami PageRow, so they manage their own scrolling

2. also makes it easier for more complicated designs where is not the whole ui scrolling but there is a scrollview and a form layout in the same module, as some mockups have.

3. if we relied on the scrolling by the kcmshell scrollarea, the QQuickWidget height should resize itself based on the contents size, but the contents width should depend from the qquickwidget width, making it a weird hybrid between  the two ResizeMode, which from Plasma::Dialog know how much complicated and painful it becomes

REPOSITORY
  R296 KDeclarative