D8920: Fixes url navigation with relative links on KUrlNavigator

Emirald Mateli noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 26 10:11:12 UTC 2017

emateli added a comment.

  @dfaure I've managed to take another look at this, added a `directory` property which controls the base dir. Works as it should, however there is one case where I'm not sure which way we want it and is probably just a matter of preference.

  User types `~/some-dir` which does not exist. The `kshorturifilter` plugin will expand that to `/home/.../some-dir`, check that it doesn't exist, and then decide to not return the expanded value, but rather the original value.
  The result of this is that the `KUrlNavigator` will attempt to browse `/home/.../~/some-dir` instead of `/home/.../some-dir` which perhaps might be slightly confusing, this works as it should if the directory does exist though.
  On the upside directories named `~` are browsable. Thoughts? Do we try to "fix" this or is the current behaviour okay.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO