D9001: Better handle of subjobs

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 25 20:59:38 UTC 2017

dfaure added a comment.

  Phabricator usage: you can't upload one patch for two git repos into a single change request. This makes the "repo" field wrong, and it makes it impossible to get context. Use `arc diff` and create two review requests (unfortunately).

  Commit log: something like "fix crash during file copy after message box warning" would already be better than either just a bug number (v1) or a very generic sentence (v2).

  The bug looks like a nested event loop issue, which is always nasty. I don't have time right now for full debugging, but if you could paste a backtrace of where a messagebox is shown that would be helpful. I suppose it all comes from the slave calling warning? Warnings have never been really handled well... Maybe we should collect warnings and show them at the end of the job? This might help with these issues...

  KCompositeJob patch: that one looks ok, it reads like basic input validation, even though I would have never thought this could happen (again, nested event loops is most certainly the reason...)

  KIO patch: If there are still any subjobs running, we should kill them rather than patiently wait for them to finish (it's pointless, if the whole job is being aborted). Which subjobs are still there, in fact? This code already kills the put job if the get job has an error, and vice-versa. Are there more jobs that should be killed in that code?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO