D9001: Possible solution to bug 364039

Jaime Torres Amate noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 25 18:55:54 UTC 2017

jtamate created this revision.
jtamate added reviewers: Frameworks, dfaure.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This is my first phabricator revision, I hope I'm doing it right.

  First part of the patch in kcoreaddons. Don't remove a child if it is not in the list of children.
  Second part in kio. Don't emitResult, that will delete the job, if the job has subjobs.

  It fixes the crash for me as I was able to reproduce it and I can't.

  I hope it doesn't introduce any leak.

TEST PLAN
  Using a filesystem where you can not change file rights (for example ntfs), move a file from a ext4 folder to that filesystem. The "can not change permissions" dialog appears, with options to retry or cancel. Press retry, a new dialog saying it can not move the original file because it does not exists appears, press retry more than 3 times, then cancel. Before I got a crash, now I can do this several times without crash.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

AFFECTED FILES
  src/core/filecopyjob.cpp