D8773: Improve discoverability of drag-and-drop of toolbar actions

Andres Betts noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 12 18:56:53 UTC 2017

abetts added a comment.

  My perspective here is that instead of using an actual checkbox to enable the dragging, I would create visual handles instead. Maybe something like this:

  F5489078: Group.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5489078>

  Why?
  Because checkboxes generally don't enable element manipulation actions
  Users prefer "stupid simple" than reading
  An icon or visual representation requires less thinking (I agree that my mockup is horrible)

  However,

  I agree that this could be better executed since probably most users don't know that they can detach toolbar actions and work with them like a sidebar or toolbar

REPOSITORY
  R263 KXmlGui