Making Purpose part of KF5

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at crazy-compilers.com
Fri Nov 10 12:20:37 UTC 2017

Am 10.11.2017 um 12:50 schrieb Aleix Pol:
> I share the concern in fact, part of the reason why I didn't push it
> earlier was to be able to have it proper tier2. My reasoning for
> leaving it as this is that it just adds an extra step users will have
> to take to install the plugins and it's not a very useful one (to pull
> the plugins). Without plugins, purpose is useless.

This means: purpose is the framework and ought to be in"frameworks".
Maybe it should be called "purpose-framework" to emphasis this.

The plugins have more dependencies and should not go into the framework,
though.

If purpose would introduce higher level dependencies, how should this be
build then? You'll end up with cyclic dependencies, which are a horror
to build.

Please move the plugins into a separate repository or at least make them
to be build *completely* separate (like a subproject.)

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel at crazy-compilers.com               |