D8705: Remove Qt5::Widgets as a dependency

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 9 13:16:12 UTC 2017

dfaure added a comment.

  Qt doesn't have files like KF5WindowSystemConfig.cmake.in  :)

  I guess you mean changing #includes in public headers, but this is also about changing the library dependencies, which I have never seen change in Qt.

  Now that you remind me that Qt sometimes changes includes in public headers, it reminds me that SC for this case is indeed debatable, if an app was using Foo it was supposed to include foo.h itself, rather than indirectly.

  I guess that the same argument could be made about Qt5::Widgets... if you're using a widget you're supposed to link to that, rather than indirectly via KWindowSystem...

  This is making me change my mind. Maybe it's OK after all. It breaks SC in a case where "proper" application code shouldn't be broken.

REPOSITORY
  R278 KWindowSystem