D5983: Check error status after every PolKitAuthority usage

Sergey Kalinichev noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 29 17:33:58 UTC 2017

skalinichev added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5983#112386, @aacid wrote:

  > Have you had these errors happen to you?
  >
  > How can one reproduce them?
  >
  > Or is it more of a "this should be the right code but i don't know how to trigger it" case?

  Yes, for me it happens all the time when I try to adjust screen brightness after switching between VT's.

  Here is the error that I get with my patch:
  KAuth::Polkit1Backend::actionStatus: Encountered error while checking action status, error code: 2 "GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Action org.kde.powerdevil.discretegpuhelper.hasdualgpu is not registered"

  Sure one has to fix this error in the first place, but it's always a good thing to error-proof the code.

REPOSITORY
  R283 KAuth