D5872: pidChanged also signals dataChanged in WindowModel

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 15 23:25:21 UTC 2017

davidedmundson requested changes to this revision.
davidedmundson added a comment.

  > it can still be set after being initially 0. In fact, it has to be.

  Not at the time the client sees it.

  see initialStateCallback which is important.

    void PlasmaWindow::Private::initialStateCallback(void *data, org_kde_plasma_window *window)
    {
      Q_UNUSED(window)
      Private *p = cast(data);
      if (!p->unmapped) {
         emit p->wm->windowCreated(p->q);
      }
    }

  We don't emit that we have a new window until we get this event. This can be long after construction.
  As long as the server sets the pid before this there's no need for clients to have an unknown state, that is important and worth testing.

  Whether there's a changed signal or not isn't something I particularly care about, but it isn't needed.

  Ping me on IRC if I haven't explained that well.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland