D5783: Use application name instead of pid when creating SNI dbus service

Jan Grulich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 9 07:15:44 UTC 2017

jgrulich created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This is required when using SNI in sandbox (e.g. in flatpak) where the pid starts from 1,
  usually it is 2 (the first one is bwrap) and this can theoretically cause collision with
  already registered services. Also with using app name instead of pid we know in advance
  what the service name will look like and we can give the sandboxed app access to it, which
  is not possible when using pid as the name is not known until the app is started.

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications

BRANCH
  application-dbus (branched from master)