i18n and KFileMetaData

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Mon May 8 09:49:16 UTC 2017

Hello,

Currently KFileMetaData is a tier 2 framework even when you remove all
optional dependencies on other frameworks due to a dependency on ki18n.

I would like to know if people think it would be possible to transition it to
depend on Qt for i18n so as to lower its tier ?

Currently, ki18n is used to provide localized name for properties on file.

I would like to get more people to use it outside core KDE software. For
example, people could use it for music players built on top of Qt. I believe
lowering the tier can help this.

What do you think ?

Is it something desirable ?

Best regards