D5181: API dox: fix missing note to call setXMLFile with KParts::MainWindow

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 26 16:56:09 UTC 2017

dfaure accepted this revision.
dfaure added a comment.

  I agree.
  The person who wrote this API doc was aiming for something slightly simpler (one less method to call), but my original design was for everyone to call setXMLFile, and it would make things a bit weird at the kxmlguiwindow level.

  (I just don't agree with the #ifdef argument because one just call setXMLFile in all cases, the discussion is more about making things convenient for future new code)

  Also note that lxr finds all calls to setXMLFile, including those in parts and plugins, while here we're only talking about kparts mainwindows. But yeah that was the initial design: calling setXMLFile everywhere, in mainwindows, parts and plugins. Then some people tried to make the API more compact in KXMLGuiWindow, but these KParts API remain basically unchanged.

  Anyhow, feel free to ship it.

REPOSITORY
  R306 KParts

BRANCH