D5066: Provide device type for Low Energy devices

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 15 22:39:50 UTC 2017

elvisangelaccio created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Bluetooth Low Energy devices have an invalid class value, so we cannot
  use it to deduce the type of the device. Instead we can use the
  appearance value. This is what bluez does to set a proper icon for the
  device. The appearanceToType() function is adapted from the
  gap_appearance_to_icon() function (bluez.git/src/dbus-common.c).

  More info about appearance values in:
  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/commit/?id=7c2a566b8a95fe3a701941c7d46ddccb14a78dae

TEST PLAN
  Bluedevil applet now shows 'Mouse' rather than 'Unknow' as type for my
  Bluetooth Low Energy mouse.

REPOSITORY
  R269 BluezQt

BRANCH